Sunday, March 22, 2009


“Parenting for Children With Special Needs”

Participant Feedback

March 21, 2009


* Absolutely amazing presentation! I wish there was something like this 15 years ago! Best of luck to you in the future.

* We have been to many seminars and parent courses. This has been byfar one of the most informative and sensitive seminars we’ve been to. The mixture of special needs and communication aspects of parents are very much needed. Please educate other schools, specifically teachers, so they can be more compassionate towards children with learning disabilities.

* It helped to know we’re not alone. It helped us to be more conscious about how we parent. It reinforced what we’re doing right, and gave direction about what to try next.

* Wonderful presentation. Helped validate and reinforce lot of my learnings/experiences and taught me several new ones too. Parenting special needs kids is never easy, so these types of presentations are invaluable.

* The presentation was excellent. Matt was an excellent, empathetic, and sympathetic presenter. It was inspiring to listen to a successful person with a disability. He was funny, sweet, and down-to-earth. The GUSD needs more people with his qualities. My hearing-impaired 7th grade daughter is in a Catholic school. I urge the GUSD to better outreach to its local private schools to reach students with the local disabilities. Is this course offered to private schools???

* Thanks for the invitation. Very educational, uplifting and inspirational. Can you have some for the kids?

* Excellent, very helpful. I am a therapist and help people with their problems. But I lack some skills in dealing with my child who has special needs.

* I found this workshop very beneficial. My daughter is a preteen with ADHD and I found what Matt said about himself was very helpful. I also found the communication information instructive – not to criticize so much and to step back when she needs it. P.S. My daughter goes to Toll and wants to go to Glendale High for cosmetology. But could you come and talk to Toll Resource kids? I thin it would be great for the kids there.

* I felt that the children with special needs at Edison Elementary School are fortunate because Dr. King is involved in this. Is Dr. King talking to the teachers in La Crescenta about this Foundation?

* Questions: Autism and more about special needs.

* Very helpful in understanding my feelings and communication towards my children and family.

* Great workshop. Should also have this for teachers and parents with “normal but difficult” children. It would have been of great benefit to know how to determine what type of communicator I am and my children are.

* I really enjoyed the presentation. Very informative, resourceful. It will help me on communication over all. It gave me a better understanding of my son’s learning disability and move on from fear to hope.

* It was very helpful. Excellent presentation.

* Communication strategies will be very helpful. I’ve not really thought about it this way before. Very positive information. We are blessed to have these children in our lives. Good luck with your work and I’ll follow up with the website and look forward to future presentations.

* It is very important to hear other people’s stories. Getting together in a group allows us to gain perspectives that would take months or years in the course of everyday life. Parents like us are not overwhelmed with free time. This type of thing does help.

* Need more specific tactics to stop making assumptions, stop dropping hints, stop criticizing. But in general, Matt is very open, likable, and treats people with much kindness.

* This is a wonderful, inspiring workshop for parents to network and learn together. There are many families out there that need help – no matter how much or how little. This is a great way to start and to find other ways of assistance. Thanks again.

* Thank you for having this kind of meeting. It helps us have a better relationship with our children and understand their disability. Hope to have another meeting soon.

* Great talk. I get a lot from it. Didn’t expect it to bring so many emotions.

* Very helpful. We should do this with kids too. Thank you very much.

* I am a single parent of two boys, a 16 year old and 13 year old. This presentation was extremely beneficial for me for both boys. My younger one is the child with a learning disability but I feel any parent would benefit from the tools of communication.

No comments:

On the Road with Never Give Up Foundation!

  • The California League of Schools Conference taking place December 1-3 in San Diego, California
  • Parenting Workshop March 21, 2009 (Los Angeles,Glendale)
  • Educational Conference prsentation January 15-16, 2009 (Monterey , CA)
  • Parenting Workshop December 13, 2008 ( St. George, Utah)
  • Elementary presentation November 19, 2008 (St. George, Utah)
  • Educational Conference presentation November 6-8, 2008( San Diego, CA)
  • High school presentation October 15, 2008(Los Angeles, Glendale)
  • Middle school presentation October 15, 2008(Los Angeles, Glendale)
  • Communication workshop October 14, 2008 ( Los Angeles, Glendale)
  • Elementary prese October 14, 2008 (Los Angeles, Glendale)
  • Elementary presentation October 14, 2008 (Los Angeles, Glendale)
  • Communication workshop October 13, 2008 (Los Angeles, Glendale)
  • Elementary presentation October 13, 2008 (Los Angeles, Glendale)
  • Elementary presentation October13, 2008 (Los Angeles, Glendale)
  • Parenting for children with special needs presentation October 11, 2008 ( Los Angeles, Glendale)
  • Elementary presentation October 10, 2008 ( Los Angeles, Glendale)
  • Elementary presentation October 9,2008 ( Los Angeles, Glendale)